Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Retrospective: Week Nine

‹prev | My Chain | next›

In an ongoing effort to make this chain as valuable as possible to myself (and possibly others), I perform a weekly retrospective of how the past week went (notes from last week). I do this on Tuesdays to avoid conflicts with B'more on Rails, which usually holds events then.

WHAT WENT WELL

  • node.js! I had a great week learning node.js by way of CouchDB changes.
  • Made some pretty relaximation graphs.
  • Found the perfect mechanism for learning node.js in the form of node.couch.js, an interesting little library that listens to the CouchDB changes API. What made this the ideal learning tool was that it worked at one point, but not with node.js version 0.1.33. Fixing it allowed me to really learn the code and node.js in ways that simply reviewing the code would not.

OBSTACLES / THINGS THAT WENT NOT SO WELL

  • I think this may have been my most successful chain week so far, so I am hard pressed to identify something that did not go well. The best I can say is that I am still not using Org-Mode to organize things as I have been promising myself.

WHAT I'LL TRY NEXT WEEK

  • I would like to continue my node.js exploration a bit more. Some of the libraries that I will investigate:
  • But first, a little more node.couch.js investigation.


Day #65

No comments:

Post a Comment